Tuesday, December 11, 2012

WIP Vintage holiday–Block Number 1

 

Its been a little while since my last post but there has been a lot going on here.  My son turned 18 yesterday and Christmas is not far away so I have been a little bit too busy to blog.  I have also been busy with a new project and here is a  sneak peak of what I have been working on…………….

On the way back from the quilting retreat  I went to on the weekend before thanksgiving we stopped off at a quilt shop. They were having a store wide sale, it would have been rude of me to ignore this fact, so I bought a few things!

One of the things that I could not resist was the Vintage Holiday  Quilt Kit.  One of the ladies at the retreat was in the process of making this quilt.  To my surprise they had it at the quilt shop in kit form so I had to buy it. Last week I decide that I was going to start making this quilt hoping that I might get part way there to finishing it for next Christmas.  I got it out on Monday night and started cutting my fabric up.

So here is the first block, sorry about the iPhone pics but I did not have my camera on hand and light was not that great.

 

photo (2)

These blocks are so much fun to make.

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love it! I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I also love your red & white table runner in the previous post. You've got it going on! And tell you son Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is super...I'm off to have a look.

    Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well of course it would have been rude to ignore the sale! Your block is lovely it will be a really great quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...