Saturday, November 24, 2012

WIP and Scrappy Swap Parcel Received

 

Another thing I made while on my quilting retreat was this table runner.  I had a lot of fun with this one and conquered one of my quilting fears.  I have never sewn half square triangles before, but I had a lot of fun doing this. The runner is made up of 3 blocks of the star and  I made a rough sketch of how I wanted this table runner to look and it worked out exactly how I had drawn it on graph paper.  I am pretty pleased with myself. 

DSC00776

I have already started quilting the stars, but I am a little bit lost on how to do the border, any ideas?  I did have a go at free motion quilting on a scrap bit of fabric, and all I can say is it was an absolute complete disaster, so I will not be doing any free motion quilting!  I think I will need to take a class! so if anyone has any suggestions then please let me know.

DSC00774

Yesterday  I checked the mail and was pleasantly surprised to find that my swap package had arrived from Cindy who blogs over at Adventures of the Singing Quilter .  I had seen the pouch she sent me on Flickr and had instantly secretly wanted it to be mine, but never thought for one minute it would be.  I absolutely love it and I also received as my local item a  beautiful handmade tag and also a fat quarter.  The scraps Cindy set are all gorgeous too.  I am one lucky swap partner.

2012-11-24

4 comments:

  1. I love it.

    It's vibrant and Christmassy and just what you need in this dull, dank weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your new quilting work Sam......you've definitely found a new talent, they are all amazing :) Wish I could work my sewing machine!!!
    Hope you are well and looking forward to Christmas x

    Jenny xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just love it when something turns out exactly as you imagined it! Diamonds in the border for the quilting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am SO happy that you loved your package!! That just makes my day! :) and your stars...WOW!! They are GREAT!! I am a big fan of straight line quilting, so maybe that in the borders would work? I hope you had a great day!!! Mine sure was thanks to such nice comments!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...