Thursday, February 9, 2012

First Quilt - Finished

Finally I have finished my quilt. This is the first quilt I have ever made and if I must say so myself I am feeling pretty proud of myself right now. The front had been pieced together since last August, but for one reason or another I just seemed to keep putting off putting it all together. I think the fact that is such a large quilt (Queen Sizes)  was the reason and being my first time quilting I was afraid to tackle such a large project. I made quite a few mistakes and my unpicker is my best friend! I had no idea how to go about putting it all together but by looking at a few tutorials online I managed it.

For the basting of the quilt I used Elizabeth Hartman's Making the Quilt Sandwich Instructions from her blog Oh Fransson.

For binding instructions I followed the tutorial on Chasing Cottons blog, which has great photos on how to do mitered corners.

So here is the finished quilt.

DSC00024DSC00026DSC00027DSC00028DSC00029DSC00030

This is the back.DSC00034

13 comments:

  1. Congrats!! it looks fantastic!! It is SOoooo pleasing isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is extremely pleasing now I have to make another, maybe smaller this time, perhaps lap sized.

      Delete
  2. Well done you, your quilt looks lovely and so neat! I have been putting off basting a large quilt too so will definitely have a look at that tutorial. A lap sized quilt will be a breeze after this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, the tutorial really made a difference and made the process much simpler.

      Delete
  3. What a great quilt! I'm impressed for sure. I've never made a quilt either, but I've almost convinced myself that I need to. I'll check out the links you made when I get started on it.
    Now, pat yourself on the back and say job well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I loved the piecing part, but the quilting part was difficult because it was so big. I just gave myself a pat on the back :-)

      Delete
  4. It's beautiful. I love it!! - And thanks for the links... for some reason, I always need a reminder when I get to the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done! Your quilt looks fabulous!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilt looks beautiful! I hope to make a quilt someday. :)

    Thanks so much for stopping by to link up!

    ~Angela

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your quilt!! It is always scaring to do your first one. It turned out so lovely though. Thank you for sharing with us at Link It Up Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again, I wanted to let you know that I featured your quilt this week. You can check it out here and grab a button if you would like.:)

      http://www.kadie-sevenalive.blogspot.com/2012/02/link-it-up-thursday-7.html#more

      Delete
    2. Kadie, thanks for featuring my quilt, I just grabbed your button.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...