Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tornado in La Crosse



My last post was on the crazy weather we were having here in La Crosse.

My Sunday dinner of roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, parsnips, roasties and carrots was not to be this Sunday.

I only had 20 minutes to go before my Yorkshire Puddings would be done and the power went off. I had absolutely no idea why. We decided we could save the dinner and have our Sunday dinner the next day. We were all starving so decided to go out and get something to eat. It was not until we got about 5 blocks from the house that we realised the damage the storm had caused, trees were downed everywhere and roads flooded. It was not until the next day when eventually power came back on that we found out it was a Tornado. I am so glad that we didn't incur any damage but my heart goes out to those that did. The scale of damage is not as bad as it was in Joplin but at least 200 homes have been affected by it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...