Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Cross stitch

One of my very first hobbies as a child was cross stitch, I think I was about 8 years old when I learnt how to do it properly and on and off over the years I have made quite a few things. These are some of my favourites that I thought I would share with you today. Please excuse the angle, I had a hard time trying to take decent pictures because of the glass.

I stitched this cross stitch years ago when I dislocated my knee, for 6 weeks I was in a plaster cast from my ankle to my groin and couldn't really do much of anything. So this cross stitch kept me sane during a really uncomfortable time in my life. I was so uncomfortable with the cast on that it was very difficult and painful. Many times I woke up on an evening unable to get to sleep, so I would sit and do some cross stitch until I couldn't see and felt so tired I would sleep. This is probably the largest cross stitch that I have ever completed and certainly my favourite.





This sunflower is stitched on black aida, it was really difficult to do as I couldn't see the holes.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...